Pictures: 1 to 5) Clients of our Ancestry tours with their newly connected family members in Slovenia.
Four Seasons Travel is well equipped to investigate your family history and take you to the places in Slovenia where you have family roots. We have teamed up with the Slovenian genealogy specialist, Tino Mamic, who is an expert in researching family history.
Our ancestry projects normally begin with some detailed research several months in advance of our clients’ arrival in Slovenia. This means that we have sufficient time to examine different sources of historic records and registers of personal information, such as documented births, deaths and marriages. With the objective of finding the correct personal details of our clients’ ancestors, and to identify key locations, properties and other related places of interest. We can also try to find living relatives and to make arrangements for bringing families together. The process typically requires a lot of hard work and some luck and good fortune.
Prior to our research, the more background information our clients can provide the better. Any documents containing family names, dates and places of birth, addresses or place names, records of marriages and deaths, or any other personal information are the most critical. Any old photographs of family members and properties can also be very useful.
Where further assistance is required, we have developed relationships with specialist organisations in Slovenia such as the National Library, the Slovenian Genealogy Society and the Slovene Ethnographic Museum.
How to book your private tour with us: You might already have decided which places you would like to visit, or perhaps you would prefer to rely on our recommendations? Either way, please contact us and we can provide you with a first draft of our proposals, including the details of an itinerary and prices. From your subsequent feedback, we will provide you with further versions of the running order until you are fully satisfied. When the final version of the tour itinerary and price is agreed, you will be required to secure your private tour reservation with a deposit payment. For some examples of tours that we have already created, please refer to the drop down menu above and take a look at our sample itineraries.
What is included in your private tour package and what is optional?
- Hotel accommodation, room and breakfast – with a choice of traditional inns, boutique or luxury style properties.
- Pre-tour ancestral research and the further assistance of our genealogy specialist during the tour.
- Transportation by deluxe private car or minivan.
- The same English speaking driver/guide/tour manager from start to finish.
- Local orientation, typically a short guided walk of the vicinity.
- Useful tips for how to make the most of your free time at leisure, including dining recommendations.
- 24/7 assistance.
- All tour design, planning, administration and travel expenses.
- All local taxes, road and tunnel tolls, and parking fees.
- Entrance fees at visitor attractions such as national parks, caves, cable cars, castles, museums, galleries, castles, city walls and places of worship.
- Specialist local city guides or park guides.
- Lunches or dinners.
- Special interest activities such as wine tasting, adventure sports, cookery classes, truffle hunting etc.
This enables you to freely pick and choose the extras you would like to include, and to make decisions at the last minute which could be effected by the weather or how you feel on the day? For larger size group travelling by bus, we can also maintain this level of flexibility. However, experience tells us that for such groups it is more realistic and beneficial to take a more fixed approach, and to include the entrance fees and some lunches or dinners. Assistance with your luggage between the vehicle and the hotel lobby is provided, porterage at some hotels might be available on request. Please contact us with your enquiry. Further details regarding our general booking terms and conditions can be found on this website in Payments and terms.