Pictures: 1) Lake Bled, 2) Grossglochner High Alpine Road,, 3) Vintgar Gorge, 4) Hallstatt, 5) Goriska Brda.
Pre & post tours for Danube river cruises
We offer custom made pre & post tours for Danube river cruises connecting with the cities of Passau (Germany), Vienna (Austria) and Budapest (Hungary). Using comfortable and spacious vehicles with an experienced English speaking driver/guide, our private tours are ideally suited to solo travellers, couples or small groups of friends or family. However, for larger size groups, escorted bus travel can also be arranged.
How to book your private tour with us:
You might already have decided which places you would like to visit, or perhaps you would prefer to rely on our recommendations? Either way, please contact us and we can provide you with a first draft of our proposals, including the details of an itinerary and prices. From your subsequent feedback, we will provide you with further versions of the running order until you are fully satisfied. When the final version of the tour itinerary and price is agreed, you will be required to secure your private tour reservation with a deposit payment. For some examples of tours that we have already created, please refer to the drop down menu above and take a look at our sample itineraries.
What is included in your private tour package and what is optional?
- Hotel accommodation, room and breakfast – with a choice of traditional inns, boutique or luxury style properties.
- Transportation by deluxe private car or minivan.
- The same English speaking driver/guide/tour manager from start to finish.
- Local orientation, typically a short guided walk of the vicinity.
- Useful tips for how to make the most of your free time at leisure, including dining recommendations.
- 24/7 assistance.
- All tour design, planning, administration and travel expenses.
- All local taxes, road and tunnel tolls, and parking fees.
- Entrance fees at visitor attractions such as national parks, caves, cable cars, castles, museums, galleries, castles, city walls and places of worship.
- Specialist local city guides or park guides.
- Lunches or dinners.
- Special interest activities such as wine tasting, adventure sports, cookery classes, truffle hunting etc.
This enables you to freely pick and choose the extras you would like to include, and to make decisions at the last minute which could be effected by the weather or how you feel on the day? For larger size group travelling by bus, we can also maintain this level of flexibility. However, experience tells us that for such groups it is more realistic and beneficial to take a more fixed approach, and to include the entrance fees and some lunches or dinners.
Assistance with your luggage between the vehicle and the hotel lobby is provided, porterage at some hotels might be available on request.
Please contact us with your enquiry.
Further details regarding our general booking terms and conditions can be found on this website in Payments and terms.